How compliant are you with PDP/PDA/Reflections requirements?
How are you documenting it?
Are you relying on notes from various courses attended to work out your reflections?
Do you currently have a consistent and reliable system in place to update your PDP and document your PDAs?
A summary of compliance requirements are:
- All documentation to be kept for ‘3 years’
- A ‘live’ document that is shown to be continually updated
- PDA to be ‘clinically’ related
- Personal ‘reflection’ aspect is mandatory
- CPD numbers are ‘not required’ anymore
- Regular ‘peer’ contact is advised
What format are you using to document currently?
Which format will suit your recording style the best?
- Putting Pen to Paper by using a dedicated notebook
- Recording on a notes app on your mobile phone
- Using a dedicated document on Microsoft Word/Excel
- Using a dedicated ‘live’ document on Google Docs/Google Sheets
- How often are you reviewing your PDP document?
- How often are you updating your PDP/PDA and reflections?